How to Apply
We are thrilled you want to spend a purpose-driven year volunteering with the Sisters of Holy Child Jesus in the Dominican Republic. It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will enrich you in ways you’ve never imagined.
Before embarking on the application process, please note that Holy Child Volunteers must be:
- Single women or men – or married couples without dependents
- Twenty-one years of age or older
- College graduates
- Proficient in Spanish (all teaching/staff communication is conducted in Spanish)
- Willing to commit to intercultural community living that includes regular prayer reflections, shared meals, household responsibilities, retreats, and service in the batey
Volunteers must also:
- Provide their own roundtrip airfare to the Dominican Republic (and U.S. Orientation when applicable). Note: Tax is levied on entrance and departure, estimated at $100 U.S. dollars.
- Complete a criminal background check and required clearances
The first step of our application process is a conversation with our Volunteer Coordinator. Please contact her at 312-925-5729 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She will then send you all necessary paperwork and application forms.
Still wondering if you should apply? Please see our List of Reasons to Join Holy Child Volunteers.